Good things come in threes.
Over the next three months, our trade customers can earn 4.5 points for every dollar spent as well as go in the draw to enjoy all three exciting prizes*.
How to win.
4.5 Points for Every $1 spent*.
Earn 4.5 points for every dollar spent when you reach your monthly Mercedes-Benz genuine parts target. Each member will be given a target to achieve each month. GetGenuine will communicate the target to each of the Members. The minimum monthly target for the promotional period will be $500/month for mechanical workshops, and $1000/month for panel and paint repairers.
In June and July there will be exciting prizes up for grabs for trade partners that complete the monthly criteria. Each winner will be able to choose $1,000 worth of merchandise from the new 2020 Collection Catalogue.
Every month that our trade partners reach their Mercedes-Benz genuine parts target, they will get an entry into the draw to win the grand prize of 200,000 points. If you reach your target across all three months, you will get an additional 10 entries into the grand prize draw.
Please see the terms and conditions below for full details.
*Full terms & conditions.
*TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Mercedes-Benz New Zealand Limited (“Mercedes-Benz New Zealand”) and Smart Loyalty New Zealand Limited (“Smart Loyalty”) are running the Mercedes-Benz New Zealand Triple Promotion 2020 (“Promotion”) to offer GetGenuine trade customers the chance to win three great prizes.
2. These are the terms and conditions (“Terms”) which apply to the Promotion. Information on how to enter the Promotion forms part of these Terms. Make sure to read these carefully as they set out the eligibility criteria, the rules of the Promotion and the details of the prizes.
3. The Promotion will commence at 7:00 am NZST on 1st June 2020 and close at 11:59pm NZST on 31st August 2020 (“Promotion Period”). All Entries must be received before the Promotion Period ends in order to be eligible to win the prizes.
4. The Promotion is only open to individuals who:
a. meet all criteria (including the Eligibility Criteria noted below) set out in these Terms throughout the Promotion Period;
b. are valid trade customers (“Members”) of the GetGenuine GetRewards programme (“GetGenuine”) who are in a current points-earning relationship with a Mercedes-Benz New Zealand authorized Retailer as at the date of the Promotion’s commencement (please call 0800 99 76 278 if you are unsure about your membership status);
c. maintain their GetGenuine account throughout the Promotion Period;
d. are New Zealand residents;
e. have a valid and current Full New Zealand driver’s license; and
f. are aged 18 years or over.
5. The Promotion is NOT open to individuals who:
a. are employed by Mercedes-Benz New Zealand or Smart Loyalty;
b. have been convicted of a crime under the Crimes Act 1961.
6. Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of the Terms by the Entrant and acknowledgment that they satisfy all eligibility criteria.
HOW TO ENTER THE GRAND PRIZE DRAW
7. To enter the Promotion, Entrants must reach their monthly spend targets with participating Mercedes-Benz New Zealand Retailers during the Promotion Period (June – August 2020).
a. Entrants will receive one entry into the Grand Prize (“Grand Prize”) draw when they reach their monthly targets during the Promotion Period;
b. Entrants will receive ten bonus entries into the Grand Prize draw if they reach their targets every month of the Promotional Period during June, July and August, and complete at least one of the monthly prize draw behaviors.
HOW TO EARN 4.5 POINTS PER DOLLAR SPENT.
8. To earn 4.5 points per dollar spent and enter the Promotion to win the grand prize, Entrants must reach their monthly Mercedes-Benz New Zealand genuine parts purchase spend targets (“Targets”) with participating Mercedes-Benz New Zealand retailer during the Promotion Period.
9. Parts purchased must be eligible genuine Mercedes-Benz car parts (excludes light commercial and heavy commercial parts).
HOW TO WIN THE MONTHLY DRAWS
10. To enter the Promotion to win the monthly prizes (Mercedes-Benz Merchandise voucher to the value of $1,000 at recommended retail price), Entrants must complete the monthly entry criteria for the given month. June and July will have different tasks to be completed by the Entrants. Everyone who completes the relevant tasks within June and July will go into a random draw to win one of the Monthly Prizes. In order to qualify, the Entrant must attend to the tasks as described below:
a. Month 1 (June) – Complete the required behavior that will be emailed within the Promotional Period.
b. Month 2 (July) – Complete the survey that will be emailed within the Promotional Period.
11. An Entrant may win more than one prize during the Promotion Period. There are three prizes available for the Mercedes-Benz Triple Promotion. The (“Prizes”) available are:
a. Get Genuine Rewards Points (4.5 points per dollar spent excluding GST for Promotional period) on purchases made through participating Mercedes-Benz New Zealand Retailer during the Promotion Period;
b. Mercedes-Benz merchandise voucher to the value of $1,000, to be given away to one Member who completes the task set in month one (June) of the Promotion Period;
c. Mercedes-Benz merchandise voucher to the value of $1,000, to be given away to one Member who completes the task set in month two (July) of the Promotion Period;
d. One Grand Prize at the end of the three month promotion comprising of 200,000 points;
e. Prizes may vary dependent on availability.
12. The Prizes do not cover any costs incurred other than what is specified in the Prize details.
13. No portion of any of the Prizes is redeemable for cash. The Prizes are not refundable or transferable.
14. Mercedes-Benz New Zealand and/or Smart Loyalty take no responsibility for loss or injury suffered by the Winner as a result of taking the Prizes except as required by law.
15. Mercedes-Benz New Zealand, Smart Loyalty and their associated agencies and companies will take no responsibility for any issues associated with accessing the Promotion or using any of the Prizes.
16. It is a condition of awarding any of the Prizes that if requested to do so by the Mercedes-Benz New Zealand or Smart Loyalty, the Winner will sign and return any affirmation of eligibility to enter, ownership of entry, confidentiality agreement and/or release and waiver forms provided to the winner by the Mercedes-Benz New Zealand or Smart Loyalty. Failure to return the signed statements/forms will result in the entitlement to the Prize being forfeited.
HOW TO WIN 4.5 POINTS PER DOLLAR SPENT.
17. Smart Loyalty will communicate promotional spend targets (“Target”) to Members each month via email, and track Member’s progress against the Targets. Members who reach the Target for any month during the Promotional Period (June, July and August) will receive, 4.5 points per $1 excluding GST, on all purchases of Genuine Mercedes-Benz New Zealand car parts made through participating Mercedes-Benz New Zealand Retailer during the month the Member reached the Target (excludes light commercial and heavy commercial parts).
18. Accounts must be kept current to be eligible to earn 4.5 points for every dollar spent during the ‘promotional period.’ If account is not kept current, the Member will not receive any points for their spend during that month.
19. Members who have not reached the Target during a month in the Promotion Period will not receive 4.5 points for every dollar spent during that month. Instead, the Member will earn points at the normal rate of 1.5 points per $1 spent.
HOW TO WIN THE JUNE PRIZE
20. In order to go in to the draw to win the June prize of $1,000 Mercedes-Benz Merchandise gift voucher, an Entrant must complete the behavior as emailed out in month one of the Promotional Period.
21. An Entrant will be selected by Smart Loyalty through a random draw process.
HOW TO WIN THE JULY PRIZE
22. In order to go in to the draw to win the July prize of $1,000 Mercedes-Benz merchandise gift voucher, an Entrant must complete the survey in month two of the Promotional Period.
23. An Entrant will be selected by Smart Loyalty through a random draw process.
HOW TO WIN THE GRAND PRIZE
24. In order to go in the draw to win the Grand Prize, an Entrant must reach at least one of their monthly Targets for June, July and August (the entirety of the Promotion Period):
a. Entrants will receive one entry into the Grand Prize draw each time they meet their monthly Target during June, July August;
b. Entrants will receive 10 (ten) bonus entries into the Grand Prize draw if they meet their monthly Target across all three months of the Promotional Period (June, July, August) and complete at least one of the monthly prize draw behaviors.
25. An Entrant will be selected by Smart Loyalty through a random draw process.
26. Smart Loyalty will contact the selected Entrant to confirm whether all eligibility criteria are satisfied. If the selected Entrant satisfies all eligibility criteria under these Terms, they will be declared the winner ("Winner").
27. If the selected Entrant does not satisfy all eligibility criteria as determined by Smart Loyalty, a new Entrant will be drawn in accordance with the above process, and the process repeated, until a Winner is selected.
28. As part of the Promotion, Mercedes-Benz New Zealand, Smart Loyalty and its promotional partners may capture content (still or video) of the winner experience. As a result, taking up the Prize is contingent on the Winner and their Guest authorizing filming and photography on the terms provided to them when they are notified to be the Winner.
29. Mercedes-Benz New Zealand, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Terms and Promotion at any time, subject to any regulatory obligations it may have.
30. Purchases and GetGenuine Monthly Sales will be recorded by participating Retailers and provided to Mercedes-Benz New Zealand and Smart Loyalty for the purpose of Mercedes-Benz New Zealand and Smart Loyalty awarding the Prizes. Mercedes-Benz New Zealand and Smart Loyalty assume no responsibility for the failure of any Retailer to correctly record Entrant purchases, or to provide records of those purchases to Mercedes-Benz New Zealand and Smart Loyalty.
31. Smart Loyalty and Mercedes-Benz New Zealand reserve the right to refuse to award the Grand Prize to an Entrant who they decide in their sole discretion has violated these Terms, gained an unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion or won using fraudulent means.
32. On drawing and contacting the Winner, the Winner's first and last names (which form part of their successful Entry) may be used within an announcement post.
33. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all Entries submitted by that Entrant invalid.
34. Mercedes-Benz New Zealand and Smart Loyalty reserve the right, at any time, to verify the validity of Entries, Entrants and to disqualify any Entrant who submits an Entry that is not in accordance with these Terms or who tampers with the Entry process. Failure by Mercedes- Benz New Zealand or Smart Loyalty to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
35. Mercedes-Benz New Zealand and Smart Loyalty assume no responsibility for:
a. any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication including, but not limited to, submitting any Entry or sending any email communication to Mercedes-Benz New Zealand or Smart Loyalty by any Entrant (or by Mercedes-Benz New Zealand or Smart Loyalty to any Entrant) whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise;
b. any theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of such communications; or
c. any problem with, or technical malfunction of, or capability issue (or lack thereof), relating to any computer system, smart phone or other equipment used for the conduct of the Promotion.
36. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other causes beyond the control of Mercedes-Benz New Zealand or Smart Loyalty, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, Mercedes-Benz New Zealand and Smart Loyalty reserve the right in their sole discretion to take any action that may be available, subject to any New Zealand laws and/or regulations.
37. Mercedes-Benz New Zealand and Smart Loyalty will not be liable if the Prize cannot be taken up due to an event not reasonably within its control having exercised reasonable diligence, including but not limited to if there is a fire, storm, flood, earthquake, act of God, war (whether declared or undeclared), acts of terrorism, industrial dispute, blockade, lightning, explosion or meteor event, governmental restraint, expropriation or prohibition.
38. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Mercedes-Benz New Zealand (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
a. any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Mercedes-Benz New Zealand’s control);
b. any theft, unauthorized access or third-party interference;
c. any Entry or Prize that is late, lost, altered, or misdirected (whether or not after its receipt by Mercedes-Benz New Zealand) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Mercedes-Benz New Zealand;
d. any variation in the Prize to that stated in these Terms;
e. any tax liability incurred by an Entrant; or
f. the use of the Prize.
39. Nothing in these Terms is intended to exclude, restrict or modify a consumer's rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993. These terms and conditions must be read subject to those statutory provisions and will not affect any statutory rights that an Entrant may have in relation to the return of a Prize.
40. Mercedes-Benz New Zealand, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel, suspend, terminate or modify the Promotion or any part of the Promotion if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Mercedes-Benz New Zealand’s reasonable control adversely affects its ability to conduct the Promotion or part of the Promotion as contemplated in these Terms.
42. These Terms are governed by New Zealand law.